Updating Nav Data and Terrain/Obstacle Data
Garmin Support: 866-739-5687
- Plug in Garmin Card Reader 01-01277-20 (Black Unit with Cable to plug into USB port on computer)
- Insert data card into reader (label facing up toward Garmin logo and light)
- Go to Website – fly.garmin.com
- On top-right side of page, sign into account with email address – email@example.com
- Password – Flying123
- Click the Sign in button
- Go to https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/desktop/ to download software for windows (skip this step if software is already installed)
- On top of page click on Devices to display a list of our aircraft
- Select which aircraft you are updating
- Click on Install updates button
- Click radio button for Which Cycle you wish to choose
- Click on check boxes to select which updates you wish to choose
- Click the Launch FLYGARMIN DESKTOP button to install.
NOTE: You will need a navigation data card and a terrain data card, navigation needs to be updated on navigation card and obstacles and terrain on the terrain card.